The Alternative Student Finance (ASF) is a new student finance product compatible with Islamic finance and would be available to all students, regardless of faith. With ASF, the extra money students pay back will be an agreed contribution to support the fund. This contribution will be paid into the Takkaful fund, used only to fund other students.
(See image of Takkaful structure).
This would benefit the many students who feel they cannot get the student loans for religious reasons. Even though the Government has been granted the legal authority to introduce the ASF and have the framework, they have failed to implement the ASF and have refused to provide any updates on development. As a result, more and more Muslim students are pushed away from pursuing higher education.
The ASF Campaign is to lobby the Government to launch the Alternative Student Finance as soon as possible.
Share your story!
Please share your story if you’ve been affected in anyway by the current loans system. People (including MPs) will only start to care about the issue and take action once they read and hear stories of those directly affected by the current funding model.
We welcome any format: and you can submit anonymously at: email@example.com or use our Contact page
We need YOUR support to put pressure on the Government to take action now!
– Help us reach 10,000 signatures
Start talking about this at your university:
– Meet with your Vice Chancellor and get them to write to the Universities minister (draft
– Raise awareness about the Alternative Student Finance at your university by talking to other
students and societies about the issue.
– We will provide you with the resource such as leaflets and posters
– Urge other students to write to their MP
– Click here to see how you can lobby the government directly and receive more information on the ASF website
Like and share our social media pages